Camp Easter Seals UCP 2013 Summer Camps & Retreats - Applications available in February
Ages 8 & Up
- Performing Arts Camp -- July 29-August 3 (6 days): a week long camp designed to bring out your creative side including dancing, music, and drama classes throughout the week culminating in a show for family and friends on the 6th. This is tailored for campers with minimal personal care needs. A minimum number of campers is needed for the week.
Adults Ages 19 & Up
- Good Times Respite June 2-7 (6 days): open to all abilities including people with Autism, Down syndrome, epilepsy, etc.
Freedom Respite June 9-20 (12 and 6 day options available): tailored to adults with physical disabilities (with or without mild to moderate intellectual disabilities) OR adults with mild or moderate intellectual disabilities including people with Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Asperger’s, etc.
- 6 day option dates are June 9 - 14 & 15-20
- Both respites including the weekend between the two is available as well. June 2-20 (19 days)
Children and Young Adults Ages 6-22
Independence Camp June 23 - July 4 (12 and 6 day options available): intended for
campers with physical disabilities (with or without mild to moderate intellectual
disabilities) OR campers with mild or moderate intellectual disabilities including Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Asperger’s, etc.
- 6 day option dates are June 23 - 28 & 29 - July 4
Camp Can Do July 7-18 (12 and 6 day options available): geared for campers with moderate to severe intellectual and developmental disabilities. It is open to all abilities.
- 6 day option dates are July 7 - 12 & 13 - 18
Both camps are available including the weekend between them. June 23-July 18 (26 days)
Familes & Friends All Ages
- Family Week Unlimited August 5-10 (6days): Designed for families with a loved one that has a disability or special need. All family members and friends are encouraged to attend as larger families do receive a cabin with up twenty beds in them.
- Super Summer Camp a free camp for children and teens ages 7-17 who have a visual impairment. It is run in cooperation with the Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired.
- Your Camp! We are open to ideas and willing to work with other groups in offer their own summer camp session. Please contact us for more information.