Camp Easter Seals UCP Schedule
Camp Easter Seals UCP 2015 Summer Camps & Retreats - Applications available in February
Ages 12 & Up
- Performing Arts Camp -- Early August (6 days): a week long camp designed to bring out your creative side including dancing, music, and drama classes throughout the week culminating in a show for family and friends on the 6th. This is tailored for campers with minimal personal care needs. A minimum number of campers is needed for the week.
Adults Ages 19 & Up
- Good Times Respite Early June (6 days): open to all abilities including people with Autism, Down syndrome, epilepsy, etc.
Freedom Respite Middle June (12 and 6 day options available): tailored to adults with physical disabilities (with or without mild to moderate intellectual disabilities) OR adults with mild or moderate intellectual disabilities including people with Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Asperger’s, etc.
- 6 day option
- Both respites including the weekend between the two is available as well. Early and middle June (19 days)
Children and Young Adults Ages 7-22
Independence Camp Late June to early July (12 and 6 day options available): intended for
campers with physical disabilities (with or without mild to moderate intellectual
disabilities) OR campers with mild or moderate intellectual disabilities including Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Asperger’s, etc.
- 6 day option dates
Camp Can Do Middle of July (12 and 6 day options available): geared for campers with moderate to severe intellectual and developmental disabilities. It is open to all abilities.
- 6 day option dates
- Both camps are available including the weekend between them. Late June through Middle of July (26 days)
New Autism Partnership!
New this summer we have started a partnership with Commonwealth Autism Service and the Shenandoah Valley Regional Program. During our children and young adult sessions we will have a Board Certified Behavior Analyst on site to assist campers and staff. The Analyst will be available to assist all campers in attendance during those sessions. Special scholarships will also be available to students in certain school districts in the Shenandoah Vally Regional Program. Please contact us for more info at 540-777-7325 or email@example.com
Familes & Friends All Ages
- Family Week Unlimited Early August (6 days): Designed for families with a loved one that has a disability or special need. All family members and friends are encouraged to attend as larger families do receive a cabin with up twenty beds in them.
- Super Summer Camp a free camp for children and teens ages 7-17 who have a visual impairment. It is run in cooperation with the Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired.
- Your Camp! We are open to ideas and willing to work with other groups in offer their own summer camp session. Please contact us for more information.