Camp Easter Seals UCP Schedule
Camp Easter Seals UCP 2014 Summer Camps & Retreats - Applications available in February
Ages 12 & Up
- Performing Arts Camp -- August 4th - 9th (6 days): a week long camp designed to bring out your creative side including dancing, music, and drama classes throughout the week culminating in a show for family and friends on the 6th. This is tailored for campers with minimal personal care needs. A minimum number of campers is needed for the week.
Adults Ages 19 & Up
- Good Times Respite June 8th - 13th (6 days): open to all abilities including people with Autism, Down syndrome, epilepsy, etc.
Freedom Respite June 15th - 26th (12 and 6 day options available): tailored to adults with physical disabilities (with or without mild to moderate intellectual disabilities) OR adults with mild or moderate intellectual disabilities including people with Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Asperger’s, etc.
- 6 day option
- Both respites including the weekend between the two is available as well. June 8th - 26th (19 days)
Children and Young Adults Ages 7-22
Independence Camp June 29th - July 10th (12 and 6 day options available): intended for
campers with physical disabilities (with or without mild to moderate intellectual
disabilities) OR campers with mild or moderate intellectual disabilities including Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Asperger’s, etc.
- 6 day option dates
Camp Can Do July 13th - 24th (12 and 6 day options available): geared for campers with moderate to severe intellectual and developmental disabilities. It is open to all abilities.
- 6 day option dates
- Both camps are available including the weekend between them. June 29th - July 24th (26 days)
New Autism Partnership!
New this summer we have started a partnership with Commonwealth Autism Service and the Shenandoah Valley Regional Program. During our children and young adult sessions we will have a Board Certified Behavior Analyst on site to assist campers and staff. The Analyst will be available to assist all campers in attendance during those sessions. Special scholarships will also be available to students in Harrisonburg City, Augusta County, Staunton City, and Rockingham County. Please contact us for more info at 540-777-7325 or email@example.com
Familes & Friends All Ages
- Family Week Unlimited August 11th - 16th (6 days): Designed for families with a loved one that has a disability or special need. All family members and friends are encouraged to attend as larger families do receive a cabin with up twenty beds in them.
- Super Summer Camp a free camp for children and teens ages 7-17 who have a visual impairment. It is run in cooperation with the Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired.
- Your Camp! We are open to ideas and willing to work with other groups in offer their own summer camp session. Please contact us for more information.